Your Online Presence refers to the combined presence your business has Online and includes things like:
- Your Website
- Your social media channels
- Your Directory Profiles
- Phone, Tablet and Watch app profiles
- Online databases
- Articles and Blog Posts
- Job Advertisements
Each one of these presences represents somewhere where consumers can find something about your business. This helps to increase the exposure of your business and puts you in front of more people increasing the opportunities for your business online.
Your presence can work for or against you and properly managing your presence online is the best way to ensure that consumers are seeing what you want them to see and you are maximising your ability to attract opportunities online.
To maximise the value of your Online Presence you should:
- Be Listed everywhere that is Relevant. Your business should have a presence on every major service that is relevant to your business.
- Ensure your Information is Accurate. Inaccurate information can lead to your potential customers having a bad experience dealing with your business or may lead to you not being found at all.
- Ensure your Information is Consistent. The major search engines will rank your business based on how many presences you have with the same consistent Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP) you should make sure you use the same information across all your presences and fix presences that are not consistent.
- Add as much information as possible to each of your Presences. Profiles that contain more information and photos and videos are more likely to be chosen by consumers. Include as much information as possible so that when consumers find your presence they are more likely to choose your business rather than continuing to search.
- Remove or Merge duplicate Presences. If your business has more than one presence on a service you should identify them and identify the profile you want to keep. You should then remove or merge the other profiles so that consumers do not find those other profiles and get a less than ideal impression of your business. Duplicate profiles might have old information and could be missing ratings and reviews that are vital to getting chosen by consumers.
myPresences helps you manage all of the above simply and easily. Please see other help articles for information on how to manage each of the above.