Keywords are terms that you want to monitor on search engines.
These terms should be very closely related to your business. The ones you are interested in monitoring are terms that your customers would search for to find your business or a business like yours online.
For example, if you are a Restaurant in New York the search terms you would be interested would include:
- restaurants new york
- restaurant new york
- new york restaurant
- restaurant near me
- 5 star restaurants near me
- best restaurants new york
And they may get specific like:
- italian restaurants new york
You should determine all of the keywords that your customers would use to find a business like yours and try to rank as high as possible for those keywords.
When your business is first created myPresences will automatically create some default keywords based on your business, where you are located and your business type.
- Your business name Your location
- Your phone number
- Your website url
- Your business type Your location
- Your business type near me
Add a new keyword
You can add extra keywords to:
- Monitor other keywords
- Monitor an existing keywords from a different location
Each search term is run as if the search was made from near your location by default so your rankings are very similar to searches done by your prospective customers.
You can choose a different location for your search to see how you rank for your keywords in different locations.
To add a new keyword:
- Go to the Search page on the navigation bar.
- Click the Add Keyword button.
- Enter the keyword you want to monitor.
- The search location will default to a location near you. To change the location start typing a location and choose one from the dropdown list.
- Click the Create Term button to create the term.
- Your new term will be added to the search term list and a search will be run for the new keyword on all relevant search engines. Your search results should be available in a few minutes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.