This article covers two cases:
- Removing presences from myPresences that are not for the current business.
- Removing incorrect presences from the internet.
Removing incorrect presences from myPresences
When we discover presences for your business we may find presences that are similar but do not actually belong to your business.
These listings do not have anything to do with your business but were mistakenly associated with your account. This could be due to a number of reasons:
- The name is similar to yours and the business is close to you
- The presence was mistakenly added by someone
You should remove these presences from myPresences for the following reasons:
- We will incorrectly believe you are already listed on this service. This means we won't consider this service as a place you need to list your business. Eg. If we are monitoring an incorrect listing on Yelp we will believe you are listed there and will show issues to fix and will not suggest this as a place you should be listed.
- Your issue count will be increased. If the presence is incorrect we will consider there to be a lot of issues (incorrect or missing fields). Removing the incorrect presence will reduce the issue total.
To remove the presence see Stop managing a Presence (remove presence)
Removing incorrect presences from the Internet
If you have a listing online that is for your business but is incorrect you have 2 options:
- Change the presence to be correct.
- Remove the presence.
If the incorrect presence is able to be corrected this is your best option.
You may need to claim the presence before you correct it.
If you need to delete the incorrect presence the process is different for each online service.
Check the myPresences page about the service for information on how to remove a presence for the service or a link to remove the presence.
Please sign in to leave a comment.