Note: This topic is only for advanced users. You should be familiar with API's.
This feature is in Beta, if you add your credentials to myPresences for any services please contact myPresences so that further testing can be performed before using your credentials for your clients.
Using your own credentials for social media services involves you creating your own applications on social media services and then providing the credentials for these applications to myPresences so that we can use them when interacting with your clients accounts.
Using your own social media application means that:
Your users can connect their social accounts under white label
myPresences will not allow external services to be connected under white label because the third party service will display the name of the application (myPresences) and the Logo when connecting.
This will break white label as the user will see that myPresences is the underlying platform.
Without this, you must connect your users account for them through myPresences.
Users can only connect the services you have provided credentials for, you will need to connect other services for them.
Eg. if you have provided credentials for twitter and facebook your users will be able to connect these services themselves. However, you will still need to connect other services like LinkedIn and Google My Business for them until you provide credentials for these services.
Interactions on the platform will be attributed to your application
Actions you perform on an external service via your white label domain will be attributed to myPresences unless you provide your own credentials.
Some examples are:
- Posting to twitter shows the name of the application that made the post in some cases.
Creating applications on external services
The process for creating an application on each third party services is different.
Some may require significant effort and will require a review process before they are approved.
The process for creating an application on each service changes often and we don't have documentation on the process for each service at this time. If you create a guide for a service please let us know and we will link it here.
Below are links and help on creating applications on services supported by myPresences.
You need to start by creating an app.
- login to your facebook account.
- go to Facebook for developers
- Click on My Apps.
- Click the Create App button.
- Choose Business as the App Type.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name for the application, your users will see this name when connecting.
- Enter your email , app purpose (clients) and choose your Business Account.
- Click Create App.
Your app is created, next add products.
- Add facebook login and click setup.
- Choose web.
- Enter details about your app.
- In Site Url enter your white label domain or subdomain.
- Go to Basic under Settings on the left menu.
- Add your App Domain.
- Set a logo.
- Complete all other fields.
- Click Save changes.
Facebook Login Settings
In Valid Oauth Redirect URls enter:
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/14/
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/296/
Make sure Enforce HTTPS is on.
Click Save Changes.
The APP ID and APP SECRET are available at the top of the page. These should be entered into myPresences for Facebook and Instagram.
See these articles
- Apply for a twitter developer account.
- Once approved Create an Application by logging in and clicking Create App.
The OATH Redirect should be:
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/33/
Create a google developer account to get started.
Depending on what services you want to connect you will need the following APIs under your account:
- Google My Business. This is a private API and you should apply for access here.
- Google Analytics. To report on website analytics for your client websites.
- Google Search Console. To report on search performance for your clients websites.
The OATH Redirect should be:
Google My Business
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/1437/
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/572/
Google Search Console
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/573/
- Go to LinkedIn developers.
- Click Create App.
The OATH Redirects should be:
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/86/
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/317/
Adding your credentials to myPresences
Once your application on a third party service has been created and passed review you need to add its credentials to myPresences.
- Go to the Services tab under White label on your Accounts page.
- Click the Add button.
- Choose the service you are adding the Keys for from the dropdown. Some services (eg. from google) may share the same keys. Enter the keys into all services you want to use under white label.
- Enter the API Key and Secret for your application. If there is no secret leave the field blank. Some services may have a third field.
- Click the Save button to save your credentials.
- Contact myPresences and let us know that you have added credentials for the service so we can test further.