Note: This topic is only for advanced users. You should be familiar with API's.
Using your own credentials for social media services involves you creating your own applications on social media services and then providing the credentials for these applications to myPresences so that we can use them when interacting with your clients accounts.
Using your own social media application means that:
Your users connecting their social accounts under white label will see your name and logo
If you don't set your own app your users will see a Generic Application (Presence Manager) when connecting their social channels under white label.
Interactions on the platform will be attributed to your application
Actions you perform on an external service via your white label domain will be attributed to myPresences unless you provide your own credentials.
Some examples are:
- Posting to twitter shows the name of the application that made the post in some cases.
Creating applications on external services
The process for creating an application on each third party services is different.
Some may require significant effort and will require a review process before they are approved.
The process for creating an application on each service changes often and we don't have documentation on the process for each service at this time. If you create a guide for a service please let us know and we will link it here.
Below are links and help on creating applications on services supported by myPresences.
You need to start by creating an app.
- login to your facebook account.
- go to Facebook for developers
- Click on My Apps.
- Click the Create App button.
- Choose Business as the App Type.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name for the application, your users will see this name when connecting.
- Enter your email , app purpose (clients) and choose your Business Account.
- Click Create App.
Your app is created, next add products.
- Add facebook login and click setup.
- Choose web.
- Enter details about your app.
- In Site Url enter your white label domain or subdomain.
- Go to Basic under Settings on the left menu.
- Add your App Domain.
- Set a logo.
- Complete all other fields.
- Click Save changes.
Facebook Login Settings
In Valid Oauth Redirect URls enter:
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/14/
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/296/
Make sure Enforce HTTPS is on.
Click Save Changes.
The APP ID and APP SECRET are available at the top of the page. These should be entered into myPresences for Facebook and Instagram.
Your app will receive some basic permissions but you will need to apply for the following if you require the functionality listed beside each permission.
Allows your app to access the list of Pages a person manages.
This is needed during Authentication to choose the page they are connecting.
Allows apps to read the Default Public Profile Fields on the User node.
This permission is automatically granted to all apps.
Allows your app to read the Insights data for Pages, apps and web domains the person owns.
This is needed to generate Analytics for your users Facebook page.
Allows your app to read content (posts, photos, videos, events) posted by the Page, read followers data (including name, PSID), and profile picture, and read metadata and other insights about the Page.
Need to manage your users Facebook page.
Allows your app to create, edit and delete your Page posts.
Needed if you want your users to post to Facebook from the Posts page.
Allows your app to read user generated content on the Page, such as posts, comments, and ratings by users or other Pages, and to delete user comments on Page posts.
Needed to manage user comments on your users Facebook pages.
Allows your app to read an Instagram account profile's info and media.
This is needed for monitoring users instagram profiles.
Allows your app to create organic feed photo and video posts on behalf of a business user.
This is needed if you want your users to post to instagram from the Posts page.
Allows your app to get access to insights for the Instagram account linked to a Facebook Page. Your app can also discover and read the profile info and media of other business profiles.
This is needed to generate Analytics for your users Instagram accounts.
See these articles
- Apply for a twitter developer account.
- Once approved Create an Application by logging in and clicking Create App.
The OATH Redirect should be:
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/33/
myPresences works with OAUTH 1.1. When adding your twitter app to the services page in white label you should use your API Key and Secret. Not your OAUTH2 settings.
Create a google developer account to get started.
Depending on which services you want to support you will need the following APIs under your account:
- Google My Business. This is a private API and you should apply for access here.
- Google Analytics. To report on website analytics for your client websites.
- Google Search Console. To report on search performance for your clients websites.
We recommend creating a different API key for each service and restricting they each Api Key to just the API it will be used for.
Eg. Create API Keys and allow it only to be used for the Google My Business API. Create another API Key and only allow it to be used for Google Analytics.
You can create one API Key and allow it to access just the API's you want to support however.
The OATH Redirect should be:
|Google My Business||https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/1437/|
|Google Analytics||https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/572/|
|Google Search Console||https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/573/|
Google My Business
Google My Business requires 3 keys to be entered, these are available from your Google Cloud Platform dashboard under Credentials on the left menu.
1. Your OAUTH Key.
2. Your OAUTH Secret.
Your OAUTH Key and Secret are available under the OAuth 2.0 Client IDs section.
3. An API Key for the credentials that have access to the Google My Business API.
This is available under the Api Keys heading, copy the value from the Key column for the Api Key that has access to the Google My Business api.
Enter these into the 3 credentials positions in order.
- Go to LinkedIn developers.
- Click Create App.
The OATH Redirects should be:
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/86/
https://<your whitelabel domain>/auth/complete/317/
Your application will need to be approved for these permissions:
You may not need all of these permissions depending on which functionality you intend to use in myPresences. BasicProfile is mandatory though.
Adding your credentials to myPresences
Once your application on a third party service has been created and passed review you need to add its credentials to myPresences.
- Go to the Services tab under White label on your Accounts page.
- Click the Add button.
- Choose the service you are adding the Keys for from the dropdown. Some services (eg. from google) may share the same keys. Enter the keys into all services you want to use under white label.
- Enter the API Key and Secret for your application. If there is no secret leave the field blank. Some services may have a third field.
- Click the Save button to save your credentials.
- Contact myPresences and let us know that you have added credentials for the service so we can test further.